Columbine Logging, Inc. has a well-established track record as a mudlogging company employing degreed geologists for well-site geology needs. Since the creation of Columbine’s Remote Geosteering Services (RGS) Command Center the company has been able to hand select the best candidates from their vast pool of well-site & geosteering geologist’s.
Columbine’s RGS Command Center has been steadily growing through a cooperative progression of team work from our core mudlogging and well-site geologist’s to allow us to offer this service of advanced, integrated and strategic practice for real time well bore guidance. As operating company rig counts grow, their ability to scale staff and to steer more rigs can strained their day to day operations, therefore they have contracted with Columbine to take on the operations of geosteering their wells.
Columbine Logging geosteering operations provide proactive well path supervision that sustains AFE objectives – especially in smaller targets that often require complex well paths and more accurate well-bore position.
Our geosteering process is designed to help the geologist locate the target zone and drill the lateral in a manner that maximizes the chances of successful well completion. We incorporate all available data into our geosteering interpretations in order to maximize In-Zone percentages.
- ZoneWise or WellDirect Geosteering Software
- Integrated with our core well-site services for a cost effective approach
- Responsible for directing time critical changes to well-bore direction to stay in zone and on plan
- End of Well (EOW) reports that visually represent
- Well Path vs. Plan
- Plan and Elevation views
- Calculating and projecting bed dip
- Provides a quick look exploration & completion tool for packer placement at TD
- 24/7 Monitoring to allow operations geologists to work on future projects and have family time
- Provide expertise on the subsurface geology to help design future well plans
- Streamline operations and enhance communications with operations geologists, well-site supervisors, DD’s & MWD/LWD Technicians
- Operators receive customized reports and summaries
- Combined well-site & RGS services eliminates redundant third party billing
- Rapid response to needed target line changes
- Comprehensive post drill analysis including:
- Prog vs. Actual tops
- In/out zone stats
- Critical points
- Sweet spot indicators